Wow, so this week, our blog was nominated for a Liebster award, by the adorable Elle on Elle's 411 on YA Books! Lots of thanks to her for the nomination - yay! :D
We've won a few of these on our "Plugged In" blog, so this is exciting for our UnPlugged blog! :D
The Liebster Award's purpose is to get recognition to blogs with less than 200 followers, and promote mutual notice and blog love between new blogs.
There are some rules:1) Thank and link back the person who nominated you
2) List eleven facts about yourself
3) Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4) Nominate 9 bloggers, who have less than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blog that nominated you)
5) Ask them eleven questions
6) Let them know of their nomination!
Since Ken hates answering questions, and I (Rose) love this sort of thing, I will be accepting and fulfilling the Award :)
Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I've been reading since I was 2.
2. I adore reading, as well as writing.
3. I have a ton of different hobbies besides reading.
4. I love music more than anything else, and will listen to anything.
5. I play the piano, am teaching myself guitar and base, and hope to start learning drums soon.
6. I'm incredibly eccentric and goofy, and a total bohemian.
7. I spent most of my life acting and performing, and hope to resume theatre work soon.
8. I've moved more times than the number of years I've been alive.
9. I love animals.
10. I'm writing several books at the moment.
11. I have violet eyes.
1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Probably to be a successful enough author to actually earn a living (working on that one). Otherwise, anything with traveling, art, acting or music would suit me just fine.
2) If you could choose any age to be forever, what would it be?
No idea. I'm way to young to be able to answer that - the best years of my life could be ahead of me, and if I choose any specific time, I'd loose out on a ton of fun :)
3) What is your favorite musical? Why?
Probably The Phantom of the Opera. I saw it on Broadway in NYC in High School, and haven't seen a musical that's given me chills the same way. It's a fantastic story, and I would adore being cast for that production! :D
4) What is your favorite book? How did you come across it?
Ugh, this question always makes me cringe. I don't have a favorite book - I love books way too much to have just one favorite, and I think most book lovers are the same way. We don't have one favorite book, we have one list of favorite books ;)
5) What is your favorite color? Why?
Purple - at the moment. It changes frequently lol
At the moment, purple, because I'm adoring the purple in my eyes lately, and it just seems to be speaking to me at this stage in my life.
6) Who is your favorite youtuber?
I don't have one. I don't spend a whole lot of time on YouTube, so I'm not really up on that sort of thing.
7) Who is your idol? Why do you look up to them?
I don't really believe in idols. If I have an idol at all, it would be God/Jesus. I don't necessarily look up to Him, as much as I simply follow Him and trust him with my life.
8) What are favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptations?
-Favorite: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug , probably.
-Least Favorite: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
9) If you could travel back in time to any historical period, which would it be?
Probably the Victorian Era. I've always wanted to see how people lived in that time period, and how they truly acted with each other.
10) Sunrise or Sunset?
Both. Probably sunrise though, if I have to choose one :P
11) What color socks are you wearing right now?
I'm not wearing socks at the moment. Later tonight, I'll be wearing fuzzy pink ones with multi-colored polka-dots.
My Questions for My Nominees
1) What do you do when you're not blogging?
2) What is your favorite food?
3) What is your dream job?
4) What is your favorite genre of books?
5) What is your favorite genre of movies?
6) What is your favorite genre of music?
7) What historical figure would you enjoy meeting?
8) What is your favorite animal?
9) Day or night?
10) Paperback, or eBook?
11) What book would you like to see turned into a movie?
1) Angel @ -Spare Reads-
2) Eva @ All Books Considered
3) Paige @ Electively Paige
4) Miss Perfection @ A Perfection Called Books
5) Tanya @ A Book Paradise
6) Lauren @ Pink Avenger Prime
7) Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
8) Keeley @ Lost In The Pages Of A Book...
9) Georgia May @ TeenBookHoots
Congrats to the nominees - I hope you have fun answering my questions!! :D
Good luck to everyone with their awesome blogs! Thanks for reading, and as always: